Tomatsu builds on world indoor silver with gold at Asia Cup in Bangkok > 뉴스 | WIAWIS 위아위스
WIAWIS ARCHERY HOME   |    LOGIN    |   CHOOSE YOUR LANGUAGE     

Tomatsu builds on world indoor silver with gold at Asia Cup in Bangkok

WIAWIS 18-03-08 11:16 520 0

5913b4a6e5d82cb4a7a6ae77cb8113ec_1520475

Seventeen-year-old Japanese archer Daisuke Tomatsu beat Thomas Chirault of France to recurve men’s gold at the first stage of the 2018 Asia Cup in Bangkok, Thailand – his second major medal in less than a month after finishing second at the World Archery Indoor Championships in February.

“Since it was a silver at the world indoors, I really wanted to win the gold this time around,” said Tomatsu. “But I’m still not satisfied. I will work hard to aim higher and finish in even better positions.”

“Transferring from indoor to outdoor was a different feeling, but my coaches gave good advice and support and able to arrive in Bangkok in great condition, both mentally and technically.”

Tomatsu (666) was the third-seeded archer in Bangkok, finishing just a point behind leader Chirault (667) over the 72-arrow 70-metre ranking round.

He knocked out two Olympians in the earlier rounds – Muhammad Nor Hasrin of Malaysia in the fourth pass and Indonesian archer Ega Agatha Riau in the quarterfinals.

Chirault started with a perfect 30-point set in the final, but then shot two 26s and two 27s for the last four; Tomatsu averaged 28 points a set, and took victory, 7-3.

Text and photo: World Archery

#WIAWIS #WIN&WIN #borntowin